History of the Museum

Founded in 1953, the RAPTC Museum is based “behind the wire” at the Army School of Physical Training in Aldershot and tells the story of the RAPTC from 1860 to the present day.

Through interactive and static displays, the Museum shows how physical training in the British Army has advanced from the first organised lessons to modern concepts of fitness and physical training.

The Museum houses a substantial collection of medals, uniforms, weapons, paintings, sporting and Olympic memorabilia and historic training equipment from throughout the Corps’ history.

Residing at the home of the RAPTC, the Museum maintains close ties with the Corps of today and displays many of the trophies awarded each year to its members