The Royal Army Physical Training Corps has been based at the Army School of Physical Training in Aldershot since soon after its formation as the Army Gymnastic Staff in 1860.
The ASPT moved to its present site in the late Nineteenth Century, with the main gymnasium being completed in 1894. This was later renamed Fox Gym in honour of Lt Colonel Sir G.M Fox, Inspector of Physical Training 1890-97. The whole training complex was renamed Fox Lines in 1994.
The ASPT of today is home to a variety of gymnasia, assault course, classrooms and sporting facilities, as well as the HQ of the RAPTC and the Army Sports Control Board. It frequently hosts All-Arms Physical Training Instructor and RAPTC Probationer training courses, as well as other Army and Civilian courses and sports matches.